"They could start an argument in an empty house."

Was just watching this video, https://youtu.be/mHHXxA3FYt4, and at the start she said 

"It normally takes two people to have an argument"

It reminded me of a (Scottish?) expression I once heard:

"They could start an argument in an empty house."

And I just remembered how often I used to think that during the relationship.

Another phrase I've used a lot over the years to describe a narcissist in my life is:

"If they won the lottery jackpot, they'd ring up and complain that the cheque was the wrong colour."

Another video I saw recently said that when trying to describe a narcissist to someone in authority (like a child protective services, a judge or the police), you shouldn't use the word "narcissist" as it will actually count against you; because you, a non-psychiatrist, 'diagnosed' someone else, so you are the labelled as the inappropriate one. 

But the helpful advice in that video was to use the word "antagonistic" instead; it's not a diagnosis, so you can't be criticised for using it, but people will work out what you mean very quickly.


Popular posts from this blog

Audiobook: "Loonshots" by Safi Bahcall

You Will Piss In A Toaster

Don't take the bait - don't feed them JADE!