An idiot's reckons on ADHD

As an uninformed idiot, I think, if I got myselft tested by a medical professional, I would be diagnosed with ADHD.  Everything I read about it just seems so familiar. The "strategies for coping with ADHD" are things I had to work out for myself several decades ago.

ADHD isn't a problem; modern society is. Modern society requires that you focus on the thing other people want you to focus on, at the time other people want you to focus on it. Modern society requires that you don't have any control over your own focus.

You have to think to a schedule at school and at work.

Ritalin helps you to conform; it's benefit isn't the conforming; the benefit is that by conforming your self-esteem isn't eroded by constant failures to focus where other people want you to.

If Leonardo Da Vinci had Ritalin, he'd have probably been a really successful mediocre administrative drone for the Medici family.

Popular posts from this blog

Audiobook: "Loonshots" by Safi Bahcall

You Will Piss In A Toaster

Don't take the bait - don't feed them JADE!