Life Tricycle

 My life is like a tricycle - and the three wheels are sleep, diet and exercise.

  • If I eat the wrong foods, I'll get a carb-coma, sleep badly, and I won't have energy for exercise.
  • If I don't exercise, I sleep badly and the next day, my energy level drops and I crave sugary/caffeinated foods
  • If I don't get enough sleep, I feel too tired to exercise and I crave sugary/caffeinated foods

If just one wheel of the tricycle is missing, the whole thing just drags over and crashes in the dirt.

And if my tricycle isn't working, I won't stand a chance of juggling my kids, my work or a social life.


For me, Self Care involves:
  • Avoiding "white carbohydrates"; these foods make me feel bloated, woolly-brained or tired
  • Avoiding sugary foods; these foods give me a short sugar rush followed by a bigger sugar crash
  • Eating lots of fruit and vegetables, with sensible amounts of meat and dairy
  • Going to bed at 10pm, and getting up at 6:30am, so I get at least 8 hours of sleep
  • Doing 30 mins of exercise a day - as basic as a walk around the neighbourhood, or preferably a much bigger walk/run/bike ride
Whenever I'm in a slump, these are the basics I need to get myself moving again.


Popular posts from this blog

Audiobook: "Loonshots" by Safi Bahcall

You Will Piss In A Toaster

Don't take the bait - don't feed them JADE!