Circle of Security

Circle of Security has some great tools including explanations of how to "be with" kids having difficult feelings. 

I've had amazing results from using these techniques when my kids are having big emotions.

The concept of "Shark Music" in the second video is a powerful way to understand why sometimes as a parent I react in automatic ways that are harmful. Noticing the shark music helps me to stop and try the "Being With" technique.

In the video they asssume that the "shark music" is a response to how your parents parented you, but it could be from other bad relationships you've had.

I think "noticing the shark music" is yet another thing that is easier to do if you practice mindfulness.


Popular posts from this blog

Audiobook: "Loonshots" by Safi Bahcall

You Will Piss In A Toaster

Don't take the bait - don't feed them JADE!